Saturday, February 7, 2015

Arrows and small mystery

I finished four arrow blocks for the February drawing for Block Lotto. I love these blocks! The first one was a little tricky to make, because the sizes seemed to be a little off, but once I figured out how to trim the pieces I had no trouble.

I've been working since November on Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion mystery quilt, and found it was taking more time than I've got to spare these days, so I decided to use what I'd already sewn to make a smaller version of the quilt as she designed it. I think it's pretty cute as a small quilt! My husband said he likes it very much, and that it reminds him of sailing flags. I'm not sure I see it, but I'm not much of a sailor either.

Funny, now that I see these photos together I realize that I they're the same colors! If I win the arrows maybe I should add them to the edge of the mystery quilt?

That's all for now. I hope my next post will show some progress on the quilt-as-you-go project I've had on the back burner.

3 comments:

  1. Love your Grand Illusion, such bright wonderful colors. The arrow blocks are quite intriguing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grand Illusion is phenomenal! Love the arrows too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your Grand Illusion turned out! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete