Saturday, December 2, 2017

On Ringo Lake, week 2

I'm enjoying the 2nd week of Bonnie's 2017 Mystery! I'm using regular fabric for the neutrals, but trying to stick to batiks for the colors. I've got a lot of orange batiks (I don't know exactly how they got into my stash, but they're there now and I feel obligated to use them).
I'm cutting these from 2-in. strips, because I bought Bonnie's ruler for the last mystery. It really makes this process go faster, and more easily. I still need to trim each of the geese units after I finish sewing and pressing, but I'm more accurate with this method than some other's I've tried in the past.
Thanks for stopping by! To look at what everyone else is up to, just click here.

3 comments:

  1. Your batiks are pretty and you made great progress. I'm afraid I'm not even done cutting yet!

    Visiting from your link on Bonnie's blog. Adding you to my reader!

    ReplyDelete