Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Show at Brooklyn Public Library


I'm happy to report that I have a small quilt on display now in the grand lobby of the Brooklyn Public Library on Grand Army Plaza in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. Here's a shot of the front of the library, an Art Deco building begun in 1912 and completed in 1940. The library serves over 1 million people a year, and contains more than 1 million books. Do you that that's one book per person?

The quilts were made by members of my guild, the Quilters' Guild of Brooklyn. They've been hung by the library's curatorial staff on a series of free-standing partitions. My quilt is on the top left in the slightly-out-of-focus photo below, the one with the blue border.


Below I've posed photos of what I felt were among the most  beautiful quilts in the show. I always feel honored to be a member of such a creative and talented group of quilters!








The show runs through April 28 and is open during library hours, most days from 9 am to 9 pm. A description of the show and more information are included on the library website if you click here

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How nice to be recognized in such lovely way that supports quilting. The show is stunning.

    ReplyDelete