Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Easy Street, so far

Here are the blocks I've made so far for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Easy Street, up on my design wall. Please accept my apologies for the poor quality of the photograph---I've somehow damaged the end of the cable that allows my camera to be connected to the charger, so now that the camera's battery has run down I am out of luck.  I snapped this photo, in not-great light, with my new iPad mini. Not great, but it's probably better than what I would have gotten with my cell phone. I'll see if I can get a new charger for the camera after work tomorrow.

I've set my blocks straight, rather than on-point the way Bonnie did in her design, and I've made fewer blocks. I really like the quilt set this way, so I may keep this layout, and just add one more row of blocks so that my quilt will will be rectangular rather than square when it's finished. I'll probably add a couple of borders to it as well, and I think I may even have some fabric in my stash that would work with these colors. I hope I'll have more progress to report soon---I've already sewn one more block since I took this photo, so there's hope.


  1. When i saw the photo, it took me a minute to figure out how it was different. I assumed it was the color way, then realized that wasn't it. I really like it.

  2. It works straight up, very well! The arrows show up better, I think. Your darker "gray" really pops too. Great going ~