Saturday, February 2, 2013

Easy Street Back

I just finished piecing a back for my Easy Street quilt, and managed to use up almost all of the extra pieces I'd sewn for the front that had gone unused! I guess I ended up with so many extra geese and checkerboards because I changed the orientation of the blocks in the quilt: mine are straight set while Bonnie's are on point. All the rest of the pieces of fabric are from my stash, including a couple that a friend had given me when her mother (a quilter) had died. It feels great to finally use up some of my  stash that's been lurking around for years, and of course it makes room for the new fabric.

The front of the quilt looks pretty much the same as the last time I posted, but I've added a couple of slim borders. Sorry the photo is not better---I am still using my cell phone. Maybe today will be the day I finally take that camera in to see if the charger can be repaired! Then again, it's only 20 degrees, so maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt came out fantastic, kudos for completion.

    ReplyDelete