Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elephant block

I discovered a free pattern for this elephant block on a blog I follow, Friday Block Party (http://fridayblockparty.blogspot.com/). I spent the morning digging fabrics I like out of my stash and turning them into elephants. I've got a lot of batik fabric I can use for the background, also in my stash, from a package of fat quarters I bought a long time ago. I knew they'd come in handy some day! I imagine making about a dozen elephants and putting them together into a quilt I can use as a wall hanging. We'll see how long my enthusiasm holds up. If I know myself, I'll end up with a bunch of elephants stuck in a draw in my sewing room.

1 comment:

  1. Ginny -

    Very cute elephant blocks! I really like your choice of fabrics! We are doing animals and traditional blocks at Friday Block Party - hope you will email Hetty at that site so you can post your photos there!

    : ) June

    ReplyDelete