Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Visiting quilting stores

One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to visit stores that sell quilting materials. Over the weekend I was in Salt Lake City with an hour to spare, and found 6 or 7 quilt store on my iPad that seemed to be within a 10 or 15-minute drive of the airport. Now that's a lot of quilt stores. I live in New York City, and there's really only one real quilt store in Manhattan.
I picked a store called Quilter's Haven, punched the address into the GPS that came with the car, and headed out. And 10 minutes I was parked outside of the strip mall that contained the sweet 2-level store. Since I didn't have much time I wasn't able to do any serious shopping---I just picked up a few useful-looking fat quarters on sale---but it was a lovely store. Nothing too unusual, but all the basics very nicely displayed. I also loved that the staff was friendly and the store was filled with other quilters buying fabric and talking about their projects. I've seldom met a quilter I didn't like!

No comments:

Post a Comment